- The program format is competitive. Teams are divided, based on skill level, into a competitive and
developmental team for each grade level. Competitive teams seek to schedule the toughest possible
competition. Developmental teams focus on improving fundamentals. Both teams compete in the local
Salvation Army League. Both teams will travel to tournaments in and around the Cedar Rapids area.
- The Bulldog’s season runs from September through early March.
- Teams practice twice per week. Practices are normally 90 minutes. The competitive and developmental teams practice together.
- Coaches are paid professionals, one coach and one assistant coach are assigned to each grade level as determined by numbers.
- Program cost is $275.00 per year which includes cost of AAU insurance coverage. Additional costs to be expected include purchase of a uniform, practice jersey, tournament entry fees and travel expenses.
- Parents are expected to volunteer and participate in a committee of the organization that they are assigned to, various committees are banquet, tournament, tournament director, hall monitor coordinator or phone tree coordinator.
- Each grade level is expected to host a Bulldog tournament as a fundraiser for the club to offset the cost of dues-parents will coordinate and run this tournament.